Measure 11 Robbery Charges in Oregon
Serving All of Oregon – Portland – Beaverton – Gresham
1st and 2nd Degree robbery are felony charges in Oregon, and should never be taken lightly. These charges are Measure 11 offenses, and the presumptive sentences are pre-determined and non-negotiable. A person convicted of a Measure 11 offenses will serve the entire mandatory sentence, with no reduction in sentence length, early release, or time off for good behavior. If you are charged with any Measure 11 crime, it’s important to hire an experienced attorney immediately.
Juveniles and Measure 11 Robbery Charges
If a juvenile between the ages of 15-17 is charged with 1st or 2nd degree robbery, they will be tried and charged as adults. Juveniles 15 years and older will get the same minimum sentencing, with no chance of a reduced sentence, either when convicted or during imprisonment.
A Measure 11 felony has a huge impact on a juvenile. The consequences of such a conviction can follow them for their entire life. In juvenile cases, it’s more than important to find an experience Measure 11 robbery attorney–it’s crucial.
Speak with a Robbery Defense Attorney Today!
Click the button below to leave your information and we’ll call you back to discuss your case.
An Attorney Experienced with Measure 11 Robbery Defense is Vital
Since Measure 11 offenses come with mandatory sentences, it makes them increasingly difficult to negotiate a fair deal or convince a judge at sentencing to move beyond the specter of Measure 11. It takes an experienced and inventive attorney to find a way to defend his client out of the mandatory sentences.
Measure 11 robbery charges come with mandatory sentences of 100 months for 1st Degree Robbery and 75 months for 2nd Degree Robbery. A seasoned lawyer can mean the difference between a cconviction with a mandatory sentence and a lesser criminal conviction with a much shorter sentence. With Criminal Defense Attorney Robert L. Sepp, you will have a successful and qualified legal professional on your side, advocating for your State and Federal Constitutional Rights.
Defense Attorney Robert L. Sepp is committed to providing you with the best criminal defense possible.
1st Degree Robbery Charge under Measure 11 in Oregon
- A person commits the crime of robbery in the first degree if the person violates (Robbery in the 3rd degree) and the person:
- (a) Is armed with a deadly weapon;
- (b) Uses or attempts to use a dangerous weapon; or
- (c) Causes or attempts to cause serious physical injury to any person.
2nd Degree Robbery Charge under Measure 11 in Oregon
- A person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree if the person (Robbery in the 3rd degree) and the person:
- (a) Represents by word or conduct that the person is armed with what purports to be a dangerous or deadly weapon; or
- (b) Is aided by another person actually present.
3rd Degree Robbery Charge under Measure 11 in Oregon
- A person commits the crime of robbery in the third degree if in the course of committing or attempting to commit theft or unauthorized use of a vehicle, the person uses or threatens the immediate use of physical force upon another person with the intent of:
- (a) Preventing or overcoming resistance to the taking of the property or to retention thereof immediately after the taking; or
- (b) Compelling the owner of such property or another person to deliver the property or to engage in other conduct which might aid in the commission of the theft or unauthorized use of a vehicle.
Robert L. Sepp, Attorney at Law has many year’s experience with a wide range of crimes. Measure 11 robbery charges are very serious felonies, but he will fight for your continued freedom. Contact Robert L. Sepp today.
Measure 11 Robbery Attorney in Portland OR
SERVING CLIENTS IN THE PORTLAND OR AND SURROUNDING AREAS: